There is no doubt about it, there are many things about pregnancy that just suck. Between all the yucky symptoms and all the random aches and pains, it can be a very difficult nine months. On the other hand, there is something magical about it as well. Since this is my last pregnancy, I am trying to enjoy every moment of it, as hard as that is at times. Here are some of my favorite things about being pregnant.
1. If you're having a bad day, you don't have to worry about someone asking if your time of the month is coming.
2. For some reason, I seem to be more outgoing when I'm pregnant. I like this about myself.
3. Not sure why, but people seem to be nicer to you while you are pregnant.
4. The anticipation and wonder: What will this baby be like? Look like? WHO will they be? It's nice to have something happy to think about and look forward to.
5. Knowing that you're going to get some time "off" soon is enough to get you through some bad days at work.
6. Big bellies, while uncomfortable, are totally cute!
7. Nine months of period freedom. Enough said.
8. You don't need an excuse to have a mood swing, eat a lot, be fat/gain weight, or anything else. Pregnancy explains it all.
9. Feeling the baby move around in your belly
10. It is an amazing feeling knowing there is this little life inside of you. This little person who some day you are going to love with all of your being, who you don't even know yet, who is counting on you for everything right now. It's an indescribable feeling and honor to be their sole caretaker and life-giver so far.