Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jacob Michael is FIVE years old!

Jacob is now FIVE years old! Unbelievable!



What is your name:  Jacob
How old are you:  5
What’s your favorite color? Blue and red
Who is your best friend? Brianna
What’s your favorite animal? Elephant and tiger and bear. And a lion.
What do you want to be when you’re all grown up? Cowboy, marching band, doctor, and I want to be Thomas the elf.
What’s your favorite movie?  101 Dalmations and Frosty The Snowman and Rudolph
What’s your favorite book?  The Christmas books that we have in the basket.
What makes you happy? Giving me candy all the time and getting to play on the ipad.
What makes you sad? When Jordan pushes me down. When you don’t give me candy and let me play on the ipad.
What’s your most favorite food to eat? The food at my party
What’s your favorite song to sing? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Frosty. And birthday songs.
What games  do you like to play?  Pin the eye on Mike. And throw eyeballs on monster. What’s in Neds Head.

What do you want for your birthday dinner? Tacos. And ice cream sundaes for dessert. 


A very generous coworker of mine offered to work for me on Jake's birthday so I got to stay home with him. We didn't do anything too exciting that day, as I recall. (It's almost a month ago now! I'm behind on posting!) 

I made him a special waffle breakfast that looks like an ice cream cone (thanks, pinterest, for the idea!) and we just hung out and played. I think he wanted to watch movies all day and since it was his birthday he got to be the boss. We had both sets of grandparents over in the evening to watch him open his birthday presents. He had already had his party but wanted to wait to open his big gift from us. He also had a friend who couldn't make it to his party and who gave him a gift later and he opened that as well. From us he got a new fish tank and supplies and a coupon to pick out some fish. From Brianna he got a cool dinosaur that he loves. We had planned to have the tacos and ice cream sundaes for dessert but we ran out of time. We had to meet my sister in law at the funeral home for a Chrsitmas tree lighting in honor of my nephew who passed away in May. We ended up stopping at both Subway (for Jake) and McDonald's (for the rest of us) for dinner and ate a birthday dinner in the back of Matt's van in the parking lot. We sure do know how to make birthdays special! ;-) Even so, I think Jake ended up having a pretty good day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...