Monday, May 24, 2010

no bottle

I've been wanting for awhile to wean Jake of his bedtime bottle. For two reasons. The first and most important reason is that he acted like he was ready. He would drink the entire bottle but he would also be quite content on my lap with his pacifier before I would give him the bottle so I didn't think he really needed it. Plus he finally drinks enough milk during the day. And the second, more selfish reason, is that I wanted him weaned from it for awhile before the baby comes so it is easier to put them both to bed and so it's not still fresh in his mind that maybe he wants a bottle before bed again too. (Of course baby will be getting a boob and not a bottle, but you know...)

So last night I finally remembered to not make his bottle and I just put him to bed with a little snuggle and a pacifier. He took awhile to fall asleep but never once fussed at all. AND he slept all night!!!! I am sooo proud of my big boy!!!! The transition was a LOT smoother than I imagined it to be. I thought I would be up with him all night putting him back to sleep. Or at least to get him to sleep in the first place. He did great! Hopefully he will continue to do great! Then I can pack up all the bottles until Baby needs them

I just wanted to document his new achievement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...