Monday, May 10, 2010

17 Month Update & Changes

Jacob turned 17 months old last Wednesday, May 5th. He weighed 29 lbs even. I don't have a length on him but I will measure him when he wakes up from his nap today.

Mid-april Jacob got to meet his great-grandpa Hartley. They got along really well. It was during this time that we discovered Jacob's most favorite thing to do at Lolo & Papa's house is throw golf balls in the backyard and watch all the golfers go by.

He also got his first big boo-boo. He was climbing the kitchen chair that we keep in the living room in order to block him from the end table. He does this all the time to get himself up on the couch. So he was climbing up on there and fell off. He was rubbing his head and tried to stand up but his foot was caught in the bar so he went face first into the bottom of our TV stand. He had a nice deep cut on his forehead that was gushing blood. A few steri-strips took care of it and it is healing nicely. They fell off after about a week. Don't let this paragraph fool you -- Jacob and I were BOTH freaking out when it happened! But I can look back and {somewhat} laugh about the whole thing now.

This past month Jacob has pretty much mastered using a spoon to eat. He still makes a mess but not nearly as bad as he used to. And I don't have to constantly remind him to scoop or put it in his mouth anymore. He can also use a fork with some help.

He also managed to escape out to our back deck one day when I got home from work. We believe the screen door wasn't latched because he couldn't open it again. Stinker! He looked very proud of himself standing on the deck when I ran over to find him.

He also sent his very first text message. It read "tja" and was sent to one of Matt's coworkers named Robert. :-) Growing up so fast!

I don't think there is really anything else new this month. After turning 17 months he has had his first golf lesson with Papa though. And we also celebrated Mother's Day 2010.



CHANGES:

I am going to be making some changes to this blog whenever I find the motivation and time to do so. I want to turn this into a family blog instead of just about Jacob. This way I can update on Matt, myself, and the new baby as well. I am not sure if I will re-do this one or just make a new one but I am thinking making a new one will be way easier. We will see. So in light of that, here is a link to play in our online guessing game for the new baby:




And, as always, here are some pictures from the last month...



Jacob and his great grandpa 04.12.10

he loves to play in the yard with this big stick

first boo-boo

first boo-boo

playing at the library

sitting in his mega blocks wagon

climbing the fence at the duck pond

passed out in the car on the way home

drinking out of Matt's water bottle

happy boy

he loves grapes


so serious


1 comment:

  1. Steri-strips are the best! He's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...