Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day 2010

We had a good Father's Day this past weekend. Since Sunday, Father's Day, was also my dad's 60th birthday, we celebrated with Matt on Saturday.

I hung up a Happy Father's Day banner and he received cards and gifts from Jacob and myself. He got two cards from me because I just couldn't pick which one I liked better, and one card from Jacob. Then he got a Get Out of Jail Free card from me (which was an epic fail!) and a new polo shirt from Jacob. I think he liked it.






We also brought my father-in-law, Jim, his gift. Matt had gotten him a multi-purpose power tool. That is as much as I know about that!

I then spent the rest of the day working on the cake for my dad's party. Despite a few minor mishaps, I think it turned out pretty good. Especially for my second attempt at cake decorating. I got the idea for this cake from the Wilton website (I am not that creative on my own!)


On Sunday, we had our Combo Day celebration for my dad. The boys spent the morning golfing while the girls (and Jake!) spent the morning at the pool. The boys met up with us there later, when they were finished. Jacob had a great time in the pool. At first it was just us there, then later people started showing up. He had a blast. He went down the slide and played in the water. He kept trying to get into the big kids pool though! We had a lunch of hotdogs while we were there and kept on swimming. We were at the pool from a little after 10am until about 3pm. Then we went back to my parents' house and started dinner.




For dinner we had hamburgers, fruit salad, potato salad, and baked beans -- all my dad's choices. It was delicious. We ate outside on the deck. After dinner my dad opened his presents. Then we had cake and ice cream. We were all pretty exhausted by the end of the day but it was a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...