Monday, February 7, 2011

Dear Mom: I Won't Let Go

*Disclaimer: Mom & Dad - you may want some tissues before you proceed with this one.*

Have you ever heard a song and felt like it was made just for you? I have recently.

Throughout my life there have always been songs that have reminded me of my mom. If There Hadn't Been You by Billy Dean and I'll Be by Reba McEntire, for example. Whenever I hear these songs, I still think of my mom. A few days ago, I heard a new song that was made just for me - for my mom.

It was perfect. So perfect that I was in complete awe as it played on the radio. So perfect that I couldn't even find the tears that wanted to come because I was overcome with a sense of peace instead.

But, in order to understand why this song means so much to me, there is something I have to say that I have been keeping to myself. At first because I just couldn't write about it. And then because I just felt it wasn't anybody's business. In December, my mom, my best friend, was diagnosed with cancer. It tried to destroy us - but it won't succeed. We are all stronger than that awful disease.

So, without further ado... my mom's song:




Mom - I love you more than you'll ever know. And I will stand by you through all of this. I thank God every day for the blessing you have been in my life. My rock, my strength, my comfort, my best friend. You are a beautiful and amazing woman. Thank you for being you.

Subscribe to These Precious Moments by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...