Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lactation Cookies

Last week I finally got around to trying out Lactation Cookies (recipe at the end). They are cookies that are designed to increase milk supply in breastfeeding moms. However, they are also really good for you even if you are not breastfeeding. And they are good! At first, I'll be honest, I didn't like them. I thought they were a little bitter (from the brewer's yeast) but after the initial cookie I tried, I couldn't get enough of them!! My only complaint is that they stick really bad to the pan -- and to each other. Even though it doesn't call for it, I think next time I'll try to grease the pan and see if it makes a difference. I'll update this if it does.

So, do they work? Well, yes, I think so. I used to pump about 8.5 oz total between both sides. Then when I made these, I was pumping about 12 oz total. After they were gone, I noticed my supply dropped down again. It could just be a coincidence. I made some more yesterday so we'll see if it increases again.


Lactation Cookies
(Recipe from: The Leaky B@@b)


1cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
4 tablespoons of water
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons brewer's yeast
3 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips


Soak the flaxseed in the water for a few minutes to soften.
Mix dry ingrediants.
Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs, flaxseed and vanilla.
Add to dry ingredients.

Drop on cookie sheet .
Bake 8 - 12 minutes on 375ยบ.
Enjoy.


Subscribe to These Precious Moments by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...