Friday, June 24, 2011

Flashback Friday 6/24

A blog that I frequently read, The Heir to Blair, came up with a great idea to do a flashback picture/story every Friday. I'm definitely going to play along with Flashback Fridays and what a perfect day for my first flashback!!

Five years ago today, June 24, 2006, I awoke at my parents' house and laid calmly in bed staring at what I was going to wear that day. How do I remember this in such detail? Well, you see, I was staring at my wedding dress. And that is the first memory I have of my wedding day.

I could write for hours upon hours of all the memories I have from that wonderful day. But I'll spare ya.



It's hard to believe it's been five years since our wedding day. It seems so monumental and at the same time, so ordinary. So much has changed these last five years. I graduated college and got a job. Matt went back to school. We bought a house, adopted several animals (most of which we since adopted back out), and were blessed with two beautiful baby boys. We've had arguments but we've also filled our lives with amazing memories. I couldn't imagine going through life with anyone else.

I love you, Matthew James. Thank you for the last five years.


...and they lived happily ever after...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...