Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I really do live in a safe neighborhood

I guess you could say I'm a paranoid person. I'd like to attribute it to the fact that I used to watch shows like Law & Order. But the truth is, I've been paranoid since way before I ever started watching things like that. I remember as a young girl -- probably no more than 9 or 10 -- riding my bike through the neighborhood, just waiting for someone to be hiding in the woods ready to kidnap me. I look over my shoulder often. I jump at unfamiliar noises. I have to remind myself over and over when I'm home alone that my dog would go ballistic if someone were in my house. So yes, I guess you could say I'm a paranoid person.

Some things I do to combat my paranoia are keeping my blinds closed when it's dark outside so nobody can see what we're doing in the house and keeping my garage door closed all the time. Whether or not we are home. I've also considered, but haven't yet, getting a home alarm system. http://www.homesecurityfamily.com/ has alarm systems that are reasonably priced. It's something that I think would put my paranoid mind at ease sometimes. My dog, Charlie, acts as my home alarm though. He may be a crazy dog but at least I know when someone's near. So thanks Charlie for giving me some peace of mind!





Subscribe to Love{&}Bugs by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...