Friday, July 20, 2012

Vacation: Day One - The Drive

Our vacation began with a 4:30am departure from our house. The goal was to have the boys sleep for a majority of the time. Luckily, they did go right back to sleep in the car and slept until about 6am. This was when we made our first stop for breakfast at Big Boy. This is also about the time I found myself falling asleep while driving and gave up my control issues and let Matt take over for me. We also made several other stops on the way down {including a stop at McDonald's where a little old lady approached our table to tell us how well behaved our children were! Proud Mama Moment!!} and arrived at our destination at 9:01pm. Talk about a LONG day of driving. Especially with two small kids in tow.

Our first destination was at my friend Lori's house. Lori and I have been friends for about five years now but would you believe that we never met until this vacation? I know it seems strange to many people but we "met" online and developed a very close friendship over the years. We trust each other completely and she was gracious enough to let us stay in her home. Lori has a two-and-a-half year old boy named Ciaran who my kids took to right away. There was squealing and screaming and laughing and playing until we finally had to call it a night and head to bed. The boys wanted Ciaran to sleep in their room with them and Ciaran cried "I want my friends!" when he went to bed with Lori. It was friendship at first sight for them!

leaving at 4:30am was not Jake's idea of a good time

We found Batman!

FINALLY made it to South Carolina!

The boys both really liked Ciaran's spiderman 4-wheeler

Jordan and Ciaran playing together

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...