Monday, July 18, 2011

Proud Mama Monday 7/18


This is going to sound strange. But I am proud of my big kid when he whines and demands to do things himself, when he throws fits and tests limits. Sure, I'd rather he not push my buttons. Sure, it'd be faster if he'd let me do some things for him once in awhile. But I know that all those little {and sometimes BIG} frustrations are a result of him growing and developing right on schedule. They are a result of him learning to be an independent person. So I try not to let it bother me {easier said than done!} when he cries because he wants juice, then tries to open the refrigerator on his own to retrieve it even after I've told him no. Or when it takes us a good 45 minutes to get dressed in the morning because we have to look through every pair of underwear and every shirt before he can decide which one to wear and then he slowly dresses himself - purposely not doing it right and asking "it goes like this?" 

We're smack dab in the middle of the Terrible Two's. Even so, I know it could be worse. He's really a good kid. And I'm very proud of who he's becoming - tantrums and all!  



Subscribe to Love{&}Bugs by Email

1 comment:

  1. It seems every monday I never get on until late in the day. Technically right now it's Tuesday since its 1am. Eventually I WILL join this and we'll spread it all around blog land lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...