Sunday, June 10, 2012

100 Best Books for Kids

We got a booklet from our local library with a list of The 100 Best Books for Kids. My goal is to read all of these books with my kids.


Books For Bedtime
  • Time For Bed
  • Guess How Much I Love You
  • Good Night Gorilla
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight
  • Ten Nine Eight
  • Bear Snores On
  • Mama Cat Has Three Kittens
  • Where is the Green Sheep
  • Ten Minutes Till Bedtime
  • Lemons Are Not Red


Nursery Rhymes
  • My Very First Mother Goose by Ionia Opie
  • A Child's Treasury of Nursery Rhymes by Kady MacDonald
  • Tomie dePaola's Mother Goose
  • Off to the Sweet Shores of Africa by Uzo Unobagha
  • Animal Crackers by Jane Dyer
  • The Three Little Kittens by Paul Goldone
  • To Market, To Market by Anne Miranda
  • This is the House That Jack Built by Simms Taback
  • And the Dish Ran Away With the Spoon by Janet Stevens
  • Little Robin Redbreast by Shari Halpern


Amazing Animals
  • Little Red Hen
  • Bob
  • Is Your Mama a Llama?
  • My Friend Rabbit
  • Three Bears
  • Pigs A Plenty
  • I Love Animals
  • Owl Babies
  • Barnyard Song
  • Animalia


All About Me
  • From Head to Toe
  • It's Okay to be Different
  • I Like Myself
  • Parts
  • I'm as Quick as a Cricket
  • My Many Colored Days
  • Busy Toes
  • Whoever You Are
  • Mommy's Hands
  • Growing Like Me


Fun With Food
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • Jamberry
  • Feast for 10
  • If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
  • Yoko
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly
  • Eating the Alphabet
  • Lunch
  • The Doorbell Rang
  • Pancakes, Pancakes


Funny Stories
  • George and Martha
  • I Love the Alphabet
  • Click Clack Moo: Cows That Type
  • My Little Sister Ate One Hare
  • Strega Nona
  • More Spaghetti, I Say!
  • Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing
  • Pete's A Pizza
  • Martha Speaks
  • Bark George


Best Books for Preschoolers
  • A Chair for My Mother
  • The Jacket I Wear in the Snow
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
  • Did I Tell You I Love You Today?
  • The Mitten
  • Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse
  • Abuela
  • Stellaluna
  • Ella Sarah Gets Dressed
  • Tomas and the Library Lady


Classics Kids Like
  • Curious George
  • Corduroy
  • The Runaway Bunny
  • Where the Wild Things Are
  • Millions of Cats
  • Harry the Dirty Dog
  • Tale of Peter Rabbit
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • Madeline
  • Caps for Sale


Best Books for Babies
  • Goodnight Moon
  • Maisy's Colors
  • Big Red Barn
  • Big Fat Hen
  • Itsy Bitsy Spider
  • I Went Walking
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
  • Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On
  • Hug
  • "More More More," Said The Baby


Best Books For Toddlers
  • Everything Book
  • Peek! A Thai Hide and Seek
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • Mouse Paint
  • Cuddle Time
  • This is the Baby
  • Freight Train
  • The Snowy Day
  • Clap Your Hands
  • Olivia


Do you think this is a good list? What books have you read? What books would you add or remove?


Disclaimer: This list was not put together by me. I received it from our local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...