Monday, August 6, 2012

Small Miracles

Do you believe in fate? I do. Sometimes coincidences have to be more than just that.

When I was in high school I moved to a new home, new school, new church. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me. When I moved to the new church, I met a priest {I was Catholic at the time} who really changed my life. He brought me back to my faith. When a terrible thing happened to him, it actually drove me away from the church and I vowed from that moment on that I would never recognize myself as a Catholic again. And I haven't. But his faith through the whole ordeal is what kept me faithful, as I found my place in the Methodist church. 

Today I decided to take the boys to Bob Evans for lunch. I don't know why but I had a strong urge to go there that came out of nowhere. Even when Jacob said he didn't want to go there. Even when my dad mocked me for wanting to go there, then discovered he didn't have a coupon to give me, I still wanted to go there. I should mention that I haven't been there in probably ten years. But off we went. And who did I see but that very same priest I mentioned above! I didn't talk to him {I didn't even realize he was there until I saw him leaving} but somehow seeing him and knowing he is still okay... somehow that was enough for me. That put me at peace. 

So yes, I believe in fate. I believe that God put the desire for me to go there today in my heart so that I could be there at the very same moment that someone who changed my life was also there. Coincidence? Maybe. But I'd like to think of it as a small miracle instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...