Friday, July 30, 2010

30 Weeks & Ear Infections

Today marks 30 weeks in this pregnancy, or 3/4 of the way through. I can't believe that 2-3 months from now we will be holding another little peanut in our arms. This is both terrifying and exciting at the same time. To date, I have gained about 20-21 lbs which is pretty average I think. And other than feet and leg cramps and a few other unmentionable aches and pains, I don't have too many complaints this time. The nausea has finally subsided - knock on wood!

Jacob was diagnosed with his first (and hopefully only) ear infection yesterday. It is on the right side. It must be pretty mild because he never had a fever and he never really pulled on his ears or anything. But he was sleeping terrible so Matt brought him in to the doctor. And sure enough, that's what was going on. He was started on amoxicillin -- which he LOVES to take -- and also given some pain relieving drops for his ears.

I am also sick with sinusitis yet again. I have a ton of fluid on my left ear and a little bit on my right ear but neither of those are infected, thankfully. I was given an antibiotic that I can take if things don't improve on their own (just in case, since it's the weekend) but usually it does go away on its own. Here's hoping!! This has been the year of being sick in our family!

Well I suppose that's the update for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...