Friday, July 9, 2010

Doctor Visit

After a week of at least someone being sick in this house, we broke down and decided to take Jacob in to his pediatrician yesterday. As usual, it was a waste of an appointment. Although we all have slightly different symptoms, we are all sick with basically the same thing. And I refuse to believe that all three of us would get sick at exactly the same time with it not being from the same bug. So we were hoping that if we could find out what was wrong with Jacob, we would also find out what was wrong with us. Unfortunately, it never is that easy.

At his appointment, fully clothed, he weighed 30 lbs 6 oz. He saw a different doctor than his usual. She was unable to do a diagnosis but said he was fine. She gave us a slip to have some lab work done with Jacob's stool. Unfortunately, it wasn't until we got to the lab that we realized we had the wrong labs ordered on the slip. We called the office but they were closed for lunch. We were far too frustrated and feeling awful ourselves to drive back to the office to pick up a new lab slip and then drive back to the lab to get what we needed. We just decided to forget it altogether. After all, the doctor said we probably wouldn't even get the results back until we were all feeling better anyway. *big sigh*

So much for a wasted morning!


Jacob is still having diarrhea but it is getting more solid and less frequent as each day passes. He is getting really sick of his BRAT diet and we've been trying to slowly add things back -- just no dairy which is the hardest part. He is a milk lover through and through. Other than that, he seems to be doing just fine and is his usual naughty self.

Matt and I seem to both be feeling better today as well. Here's hoping anyway!!!



In other news, today I am 27 weeks pregnant, which means it is the final week of the second trimester. It's crazy how fast time passes these days. I am definitely ready to stop being so uncomfortably pregnant but I am definitely NOT ready to have two kids! Lord, help me!!!


I will end with a semi-cute story. On Wednesday, Jacob brought me my first bug present. I spent the majority of the day laying on the couch in misery. I am not sure where he found it, but he brought over a dead beetle and placed it on my shoulder. (I just HOPE he did NOT stick that thing in his mouth first!!!!) When I freaked out, he started crying. I think he got his feelings hurt. He has been doing that more and more lately. I am sure it is the first of many bugs I will receive having two boys. Ohhhhhhhhh joy!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Bugs aren't just a boy thing! My girls bring me bugs too lol.

    I hope you all are feeling better soon.

    RYC: If you click the icon at the top of the entry with the questions it will take you to the Blog that hosts Five Question Friday each week. It's a blog-hop type thing (I think that's what it's called lol. I don't really participate I just do the questions and link back to her page)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...that story is super cute! Alex brings me leaf, dirt, stick presents, but so far, no bugs! LOL.
    Feel better, all of you!
    And happy 27weeks! :D It sure has gone fast, hasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're all feeling better soon. Happy 27 weeks! The bug story was too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...