Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Trip To The OB Triage

Everything is fine. I repeat, everything is fine.

It started on Thursday as I was giving report at work. Back pain. Nothing unusual. I tried shifting positions but this resulted in only adding stomach pain to the mix. By the time I left work and was on the shuttle on the way home, I was contracting as well. In fact, by the time I got home, the contractions, mixed with the back and abdomen pain felt strangely familiar to those early labor pains. I never once actually thought I was in labor though! I rested to stop the contractions and ended up falling asleep for an hour and a half. Matt woke me up for dinner and when I woke up I just felt awful. Not only did I have the same pains, I also had a headache, dizziness, generalized achiness, chills with no fever, and my skin on my extremities was very sensitive to the touch (like even my clothing on them was painful) I forced myself to eat some dinner even though it was the last thing I wanted to do.

Friday morning was even worse. My mom (LOVE HER!) came over to watch Jake for me and I basically slept all day. Same symptoms, just add fever, nausea, and light sensitivity to the mix as well. Matt only worked a half day and when he got home and I still wasn't any better, he called the doctors even though I didn't want him to. The OB recommended that I go to the OB Triage to check for appendicitis. Again, even though I didn't want to, Matt loaded Jake and myself in the car and off we went, after dropping Jake off with my parents again.

We spent several pointless hours in OB Triage where I was hooked up to the monitor, gave a urine sample, and refused to have my cervix checked (really!?! Let's increase my risk for infection for no good reason at all, thanks) And without checking for appendicitis, I was sent home with the diagnosis: severe dehydration and constipation. Um.. yes, I am pregnant... I could have told you that!! Haha.

Today I am feeling somewhat better. The headache is less severe. The pain in my stomach, back, and legs is still there but comes in waves of severity. The light-sensitivity, dizziness, and nausea have all but faded. I still can't hardly eat but I am actually feeling hungry which is a step in the right direction. I am still tired all of the time but have survived on only three naps today which is an improvement. I am trying to force fluids in as much as possible but I cramp up any time I eat or drink anything. Tomorrow I have to work so it should make for an interesting time! I am hoping to be back to normal by then though.

Jake is sick now too. Poor little Bug. He has been having diarrhea all day and he threw up all over his crib during his nap. He has been acting fine though so he's not too bothered by whatever bug he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...