Friday, October 7, 2011

Sleepover

Tonight is Jacob's first official sleepover at my parents' house. It's not his first night away from us or his first night sleeping at their house, even. He spent the night with my in-laws when we went to my friend Jessica's wedding and when his baby brother was born. He spent the night with my parents when we went to the midnight showing of New Moon and Eclipse. However, tonight is the first night he has wanted to sleep overnight at someone else's house and the first night that he has done so for no reason other than that.

It's funny because when he's here, he drives me absolutely batty and I often fantasize about having time without him. But now I'm missing him like crazy!!!!!! The house seems just too quiet without him here. I haven't received a phone call yet asking me to pick him up so I assume he's doing just fine without me. I swear, he became a big kid overnight! I can't wait to see him again tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow, it's Jordan's 1st birthday party. The cake that I was overly-intimidated to make turned out pretty good and everything is in order for the party tomorrow. There are still some last minute things that need to be done, as well as some things we overlooked (drinks, anyone?) but the stress is melting away as I realize it will all get done. And after the last dot was placed on the cake, I swear it was like the weight of the world was lifted! Now all that's left to do is enjoy ourselves and celebrate our little monkey.

I will write all about the party as well as Jordan's 12 month update and Jacob's 2 year 10 month update as soon as I find some time for myself.


Subscribe to Love{&}Bugs by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...