Friday, January 6, 2012

Breastfeeding Goals in the New Year

I am writing this post as part of the Breastfeeding Blog Hop. This week's topic is: Breastfeeding Goals in the New Year. Feel free to share your goals below or link up in the hop.


My breastfeeding goals for the new year are.... well.... I don't really have any. When I first started nursing Jordan I knew I wanted to nurse him for a year and beyond. For some reason, 15 months sounded good to be and I set that out as my breastfeeding goal. On December 30, 2011 that goal was met. Now, it's just sort of up in the air.


I have started the process of weaning him. What I mean by that is that I have introduced him to cow's milk. However, I still plan to nurse him as well until he shows a readiness to be done. With Jake, it was easy - I had to quit due to the damage he was doing to me -- which my doctor said was on the verge of being permanent! I weaned him cold-turkey! And he was so used to taking milk from a bottle anyway that he didn't seem to mind -- or even notice -- the difference.

Jordan, however, is  a totally different baby. So until it becomes more than I can take, I will continue to nurse him until he is ready to be done.









Subscribe to Love{&}Bugs by Email

1 comment:

  1. I also had to do the same things with my first i stoped nurseing cold turkey, and with my second i extended breastfeeding unil she was over 2. I am currently nurseing my 3rd we had to supplement for a while because she had health issues but she is now 8 months and nurseing great. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...