Thursday, December 2, 2010

2 Year // 2 Month Dr Appointments

Yesterday (December 1st @ 10.20am) the boys went in for their doctor appointments. My mom came with us to help out which was GREATLY appreciated. Jacob was a very curious boy and decided while he was there to wear one arm out of his shirt -- which he proceeded to INSIST on doing for the rest of the day. What a goof!

Jacob: Jacob was seen for his 2 year appointment. He weighed 32 lbs 2 oz which puts him in the 90th percentile for weight and he was 34 1/2 inches tall which puts him in the 50th percentile for height. He didn't have to have much else done besides that - just a quick check from the doctor. Everything looks good for him except he still has that sore on his penis. It just isn't healing. We were referred to a pediatric dermatologist for further treatment of it because our pediatrician is now stumped. So I'll be calling today to make that appointment for him. I also asked about the bumps on his bottom which the doctor said was not related at all to his sore. The doctor said he should be saying 20 words now, which he well exceeds (I'd say he says at LEAST 100!) He also said he should be putting two words together. When I said he hasn't been doing that he said it won't be long before he does. Jacob must have taken that to heart because when we left the appointment he did it! "Hat off" he said. Later he said more as well. It is recommended that Jacob start taking a multivitamin since he's such a picky eater and is not getting enough of the food groups in. So we'll be heading to the store today to pick out his very first vitamins! What a big boy! He received 3 vaccines (Prevnar, Hepatitis A, and flu) He was such a brave boy! He just sort of looked at the girls who were poking him but that was it. He happily showed off his bandaid the rest of the day! He got a blue heart bracelet (he loves those goofy things) and a Toy Story sticker. He goes back in a year.

Jordan: Jordan was seen for his 2 month appointment. He weighed 11 lbs 11 oz which puts him in the 50th percentile for weight. He was 22 1/4 inches long which puts him in the 25th percentile for height. And his head circumference was 15 inches which puts him in the 10th percentile for head. He was very calm and quiet for the appointment and checked out well. All of the things I asked about (his rash which of course I just had to describe because he didn't have it then, the spots on his eyelid and back of his neck, and his leg twitching) are all normal things and he will outgrow them all. The rash, as I suspected, is likely just due to him becoming upset. (He tends to get it worse when he's crying) The spots are birth marks, or "stork bites", that should go away by the time he is 2-3 years old. Jordan also got 3 pokes. He received the DTaP, Haempohilus B (I probably spelled that one wrong), Prevnar, Hepatitis B, polio, and rotavirus. He gagged a little on the rotavirus because she gave it to him way too fast. Next time I'll ask to do it myself. He cried when he got the shots but stopped once I picked him up which was probably a minute or less later. My boys are so brave! He was fussy and sleepy for the rest of the day, but never had a fever or anything like that. He goes back in two months.


I am very upset with myself that I forgot to bring my camera along. So I have no pictures to share from the appointment :-( Bad Mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! I appreciate all feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...